Mobility/Wireless

N/A

RFS4000 not recognizing AP BR-650

Hi everyone

I´m new with the brocade products, so I´m wondering if anyone can help me whit an issue I have.

I´m trying to install my AP in a room, where I connect it to a Switch (ICX6450-48), with is connected to my switch core (ICX6650) with is connected to my WLC RFS4000. I can achieve my WLC to recognized my AP.

This is my situation:

I´m not using on my network VLAN 1, I´m using VLAN 34 for administration of the devices and VLAN 64 for the wireless clients. and I´m using the ICX 6650 as DHCP Server for the wireless users.

On all the testing that I´ve done, I achieve the AP to work directly connected to the WLC. I set the link between the AP and WLC as a trunk, an allowed vlan 34 and 64 (didn´t change native vlan), the uplink to the ICX6650 was also a trunk so I can respond to DHCP requests. But when I move the AP to the ICX 6450, the WLC can´t recognize the AP, so I can not see my SSID. In this scenario all my link between devices (RFS4000 to ICX6650 to ICX6450 to BR-650) are trunk, and in all of them I allowed vlan 34 and 64.

--------------------------------------------

CLI statement

vlan 34 name management

tagged ethe 1/2/1 ethe 1/1/48

vlan 64 name wireless

tagged ethe 1/2/1 ethe 1/1/48

---------------------------------------------

I also tried to change the port type where is connected the AP to ACCESS (I do that because I´m familiarized with Cisco products too, and they work this way), the scenario change, because the WLC is able to reach the AP, so I can see my SSID, but when I connected to it, I don´t received IP addresses.

--------------------------------------------

CLI statement

vlan 34 name management

tagged ethe 1/2/1

untagged ethe 1/1/48

vlan 64 name wireless

tagged ethe 1/2/1

---------------------------------------------

Can anyone guide me to make this work as I intended.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.