Mobility/Wireless

New Contributor

AP7131 firmware upgrade from 3.2 -> latest - SOLVED

[ Edited ]

Was given v5.5 from my buddy and YES it is worth it ... like it so much I ordered a cpl more 7131's to test in different configurations. 

I bought a single radio, NIB AP7131 from eBay with v3.2 firmware for use inside my home.

I'm new to using Brocade products and it looks like, after creating a user account, that firmware updates / upgrades are part of a paid maintenance contract? My free account does not have access to the software / firmware download area. :/

Question: is it worth the upgrade from 3.2 -> <latest> considering I'm only using it for home?  rather, in this scenario is it WORTH me PAYING to upgrade? I'd rather NOT have to pay for firmware on an EOL, used product for use in my home but if it's that much better / stable / capable then what's another $$$? lol

Thanks! ~Rich

New Contributor

Re: AP7131 firmware upgrade from 3.2 -> latest - SOLVED

Did you update from 3.2 to 5.5?  I was told by support to use the firmware migration path of 3.2 -> 4.4.2 -> 5.2.13 -> 5.4.2 -> 5.5.2.  Problem is the 5.2.13 fireware doesn't let you update the firmware past it with some corrupt firmware bug (posted in diff thread).

Did you have any problems going from 3.2 to 5.5?

Occasional Contributor

Did you solve your firmware upgrade problems?  I am looking for copies of firmware, but have not been able to locate any on the Brocade site.

Regular Visitor

I am also not able to locate the firmware images, can somebody point me in the right direction?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.