Management Software

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

what are the green plus sign and the red minus sign for in Brocade Network Advisor

When I am looking at my switches in Brocade Network Advisor, some of my connections have a green circle with a + sign, some have a red circle with a - sign and others don't have either.  I am looking for an icon legend or something that will help me.

Brocadian

Re: what are the green plus sign and the red minus sign for in Brocade Network Advisor

The Green + symbol indicates that a new link was added/discovered after the initial fabric discovery. Red - symbol indicates a link was removed/down after the initial discovery.

This is a BNA feature called Fabric Tracking. If all the links are as per expectation you can choose to Accept Changes on right clicking the selected Fabric and BNA will monitor link changes going forward.

You can disable this feature by right clicking the Fabric.

New Contributor

Re: what are the green plus sign and the red minus sign for in Brocade Network Advisor

Thank you!

Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I have a Red Minus Sign for a Fabric in BNA 12.3.3. Tracking is OFF for the Fabric and Accept Change option is not active.

The links are working as expected and this is a FICON Fabric. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks,

Dinesh Subramanian

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.