Management Software

New Contributor

webtools is broken with Java 7 update 51

I have a FC 5100 and a couple of FC 6510 switches that I was able to manage through the Java Webtools.  Since Java has updated to Version 7 update 51, I cannot get the webtools to come up anymore.  I am running on Windows 7 64 bit with IE V11  I have excluded the IP addresses and slid the security bar to the Medium setting in the Java console.  I also edited the C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\security\java.security file entry to:  jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, RSA keySize < 256  There was also a fix posted to comment out that entire line which I also tried.

In internet explorer whenever I try the webtools address, it says I don't have the correct version of Java and pop up the Java updata screen.

Is there a fix or update for this problem please?

Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Re: webtools is broken with Java 7 update 51

Downgrade JAVA is a fix.

So is editing the security files as described in http://community.brocade.com/t5/Fibre-Channel-SAN/Problem-for-access-webtools-from-internet-explorer-or-firefox/td-p/4175/highlight/true

But in your case it looks like you are running 64 bit JRE. Did you also install the 32 bit JRE component?

New Contributor

I looked and did have both the 32 and 64 bit version installed and maybe that is the problem.  So I uninstalled them both, rebooted, then only installed the 64 bit version.  I then opened IE 11 and tried the address......same thing.  It goes directly to "Download Java for Windows, Recommended Version 7 Update 51" which is the same version 64 bit version I just installed.  I also tried Firefox which endlessly blinks the IP address saying "looking up IP", "connecting", but never does.  Chrome doesn't work either. 

I decide to do the install that it wants and it installs the 32 bit version.  Back where I started now. One good note, the Webtools does show up in Firefox.  At least I can work with that for now.

All of these links used to work before these Java updates.  Very frustrating.  Doesn't Brocade have anything to say about this?  Like an update to work within the new security confins of Java?

Valued Contributor

Nope if Oracle updates JAVA and increases security Brocade has noting to say about that.

Most likely Brocade even stated FOS x.y.z is only compatible with JAVA abc for various reasons.

Its up to the customer to complain about these issues with their support vendor for what its worth

Contributor

I'm having this issue as well. I will report back if I can get Brocade working, but netapp requires 64 bit java on 64 bit windows, and when I add that to the jre list, it gets chosen by webtools when I try opening a brocade switch. Even though there's a perfectly functional 32 bit version there.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.