Management Software

Occasional Contributor

performance on switches

Hello to all,

N/A

Re: performance on switches

What are you trying to track on Brocades? For performance related issues you should be looking at Tx and Rx Words in the MIB's and for Error conditions you should be trigging on faulting ports or increased LLI errors

Occasional Contributor

looking at performance related. Yes I agree on the TX/RX words bit, however performance can be effectd by having no buffer credits, too many R_RDYs. We do not have a perfoamnce issue , but are left wondering why we have too many R_RDYs of no TX credits. Strictly on perofmance we are doing about 10MB/s.

Occasional Contributor

Can anyone tell me if there is a product on the market to keep track of historical data on the Brocade switches? Our company frowns on "freeware", like MRTG. What I'm looking for is something that monitors bandwidth on ports, especially the ISL links between our 12000 and the 2900 switches.Mike

Frequent Contributor

mlove,Brocade Connect Site Manager

N/A

Yes, you can use RRDTOOL , it's totally free !(<!graemlin:Smiley Surprised>utput:COUNTER:600:U:U \RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:2016 \RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:360 \RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:144:730 \RRA:MAX:0.5:1:2016 \RRA:MAX:0.5:24:360 \RRA:MAX:0.5:144:730<!graemlin:Smiley Surprised>utput=mybase.rrd:var2:AVERAGE \CDEF:inbits=input,8,* \CDEF:inMbits=inbits,1000000,/ \CDEF<!graemlin:Smiley Surprised>utbits=output,8,* \CDEF<!graemlin:Smiley Surprised>utMbits=outbits,1000000,/ \AREA:inbits#00FF00:'In Traffic ' \GPRINT:inMbits:AVERAGE:'Average \: %8.2lf Mbits/s\n' \LINE1<!graemlin:Smiley Surprised>utbits#0000FF:'Out Traffic' \GPRINT<!graemlin:Smiley Surprised>utMbits:AVERAGE:'Average \: %8.2lf Mbits/s'

N/A

Laura,

Occasional Contributor

in response the the original posting, there is a tool call SANScreen from Onaro (www.onaro.com) that monitors your ENTIRE san including the switches. it records EVERY change that has occurred in your environment. i have just implemented this utility at work (major airline company) and in 2 weeks it has documented over 850 changes that has occurred. ontop of that, it documents it all for you, customized by daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly at your convenience....check it out

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.