Management Software

Occasional Contributor

memory alert

Hi,

I have received alert from DFCM that "Total memory usage 92.86% is more than configured threshold 90.00%".

What that exactly want to say?

Super Contributor

Re: memory alert

I believe this is a new feature in DCFM, native /df command in FOS

log as root, and try /df

what is the percentage of available space ?

post the result here.

Super Contributor

Hi Boon,

I think that this a is DCFM message which reports the current DCFM server memory usage. You can change this under Server Options menu?

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Contributor

Hi,

We recently upgraded to DCFM 10.4.1 (from 10.3.2 if I remember right). We never had these memory usage messages before and have had several since the upgrade.

As Andreas suggests, the memory allocation can be changed in the Server -> Options menu -> Software configuration -> Memory allocation page. However, I just tried this. The "Server Memory Allocation" was at 768 MB. I upped this to 1024 and restarted DCFM. The memory allocation was indeed increased but unfortunately the memory used ("current value") followed also. So the percentage use has not decreased.

I think the question that now needs to be answered (by Brocade?) is how much memory is required (suggested?) for each of the SAN sizes supported by DCFM.

Alastair

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.