Management Software

New Contributor

issue with FabOS 7.1.0b - EZManager exception

Hello,

I updated my E300 switch from 7.1.0a to 7.1.0b but EZManager couldn't load. I have a java exception : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

switchexplorer loads perfectly. I tried on several computers with different java versions, 7 and 6 but same problem

Super Contributor

Re: issue with FabOS 7.1.0b - EZManager exception

Greetings sebastien.millerat.  I apologize for the delay.  I've gone through our bug database to what I could find.  Unfortunately I did not find anything that might seem related.  I'd suggest contacting your switch vendor support and open up a case with with them.  If you need contact information, please let me know. 

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, I reverted back to 7.1.0a to get it working

Kind Regards

Sebastien

Super Contributor

That is a very helpful piece of information.  I'll see if i can narrow a search on just FOS 7.1.0b.  I'll post back if i find anything.  Thanks for sharing the results of reverting sebastien.millerat.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
New Contributor

It seems the java exception appears just when loading the "Tasks" frame

Windows is french or english with french country settings. I didn't try to test on full en settings.

Regards,

Contributor

i could reproduce the issue on my test B300, FOS7.1.0b also with a prerelease of 7.1.0c , java 1.6.0.33, (even brocade recommends:

WebTools Compatibility

FOS v7.1.0 is qualified and supported only with Oracle JRE 1.7.0 update 9.)

as soon as i enable Basic user mode , EZManager fails to start and stops at 47%.  If i disable Basic user mode, webtool starts without problems  ( telnet ,  configure ,   webtools attributes  , Basic User Enabled -> NO)

question:  what are the benefits of using   basic user mode  ???

I tested it with a pre release of FOS7.1.1 and here EZManager works. I also found a hint in  release notes of FOS7.1.1

Unable to launch EZManager.

EZManager status bar stops at 53% and throws an exception halting the launch

regards

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.