Management Software

New Contributor

Zoning information from DCFM Database

Hello all,

I am trying to access the DCFM database using the ODBC connectivity.

I can access all the tables.

But I could not find any data on the Zoning related tables ? The tables are blank.

I am not sure why the Tables do not have any kind of Zoning information. Any information on retrieving the Zoning infr from the DCFM Databsase would be helpful.

Cheers.

Valued Contributor

Re: Zoning information from DCFM Database

Do you have an seed switch configured and did you import the zoning database from that switch?

New Contributor

Yes. The Seed switches are configured. There are multiple fabrics and each fabric has a seed switch.

And importing the Zone Database from the Seed switch -->  Is it done manually ? Do we need to import manually in DCFM so as to reflect the Zone Information in the DCFM database?

New Contributor

Hi Mohanasundaram,

I am having the same issue, no data in zone tables in DCFM database. Did you find a solution? Could you please share your solution?

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Luis Sakihama

New Contributor

No. The issues remains the same. I do not still have the Zone information in the Zone tables of the DCFM database. I am not sure this is a known issue or this is how it works. (May be the DCFM pulls the zone info from the switches everytime we launch the zoning related configuration)

The Sybase and Derby Database Fields Manual states about the presence of Zone related tables.

But on DCFM I do not see any zone info in those tables. The tables are empty.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.