Management Software

New Contributor
rschleicher

What capabilities (if any) does BNA 12.0.3 have to manage Cisco MDS devices?

I have two redundant heterogeneous SAN fabrics that each consist of two fabric mode Brocade switches, multiple embedded Brocade edge switches in Access Gateway mode, and multiple embedded Cisco MDS 9124 switches running in NPV mode.  I would like to add these MDS switches to BNA if possible.  Currently the PWWN's of their uplink ports show up, and I have made them initiators, but I'm hoping that their is some way to add them in as FC switches.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ray

Valued Contributor
felipon

Re: What capabilities (if any) does BNA 12.0.3 have to manage Cisco MDS devices?

Hi,

I did not find any info related to MDS switchs support in BNA release notes (as per it, only Brocade devices can be discovered).

On the other hand, if you look into BNA User guide you can import a MDS MIB into BNA so that traps are processed by the application.

rgds,

Felipon

New Contributor
rschleicher

Re: What capabilities (if any) does BNA 12.0.3 have to manage Cisco MDS devices?

Thanks, Felipon.

I had looked into that, but the Cisco MIB list was pretty daunting.  I was hoping for a way to manually configure the MDS switches as NPV devices in each fabric, not just to receive and process traps.

Valued Contributor
felipon

That would be great, but I reckon that as of today it is not possilbe (@brocade take note)

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.