Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Want to Upgrade Network Advisor from version 11.2.1 to 12.3.0

Hi All,

I am new to this field....

I am planning to upgrade BNA 11.2.1 to 12.3.0....Operating System Windows Server 2008 R2..

I don't hve much idea about the process.

Can anybody provide me the step to upgrade & pre-requisite that I need to check before upgrading.....

Highly appreciate...if steps can be provided...

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Want to Upgrade Network Advisor from version 11.2.1 to 12.3.0

Greetings MIK111,

The first place I'd recommend to start, is the Installation and Migration Guide.  You can find it here:  http://www.brocade.com/forms/getFile?p=documents/product_manuals/NetworkAdvisor/NetworkAdvisor_InstallGd_v1220.pdf

I'd recommend making a backup of the DB before starting as that is the most important piece.  You can either roll the update on top, or do a parrellel install on another server then load your DB backup.  

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Occasional Contributor

Thankx Mike..

I was going through the below document...

Just need to confirm few things:

1) We cannot directly upgrade BNA from version 11.2.1 to 12.3.0. We need to first upgrade it to 12.0.X & once updated then again we need to upgrade it to 12.3.X

2)Currently,  I am using Enterprise License on Windows R2 64 bit. So, we can use the same license key or we need to enter the new license information.

Regards

MIK

Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Can anybody confirm please..I am planning to upgrade BNA this weekend...

Assistance will be appreciated..

Thanks & Regards

MIK

Super Contributor

Sorry for the delay MIK111,

So regarding your two comments

1) We cannot directly upgrade BNA from version 11.2.1 to 12.3.0. We need to first upgrade it to 12.0.X & once updated then again we need to upgrade it to 12.3.X

2)Currently,  I am using Enterprise License on Windows R2 64 bit. So, we can use the same license key or we need to enter the new license information.

On #1, you actually can migrate directly to 12.3.0.  I've attached the newest BNA Install and Migration Guide (v12.3) as it hasn't landed on brocade.com yet.  If you open it and refer to the "Supported Migration Path" on page 45, this is supported.  

For #2, the same license key is fine.  You can always verify with a parellel install just to be sure if you'd like.  But this shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Occasional Contributor

Thankx Mike...

Highly appreciated your assistance...

Will upgrade & let you know Smiley Happy

Regards

MIK

Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike,

I was going through the document provided by you. Document provided by you is "BNA Installation & Migration Guide", earlier I was going through "BNA SAN Installation & Migration Guide" . I am workig in SAN environment & BNA consists of only SAN switches...

I could't  find any difference b/w two. However, I was checking the BNA docs & found that for every version there are both BNA Guide & BNA SAN guide which makes me suspecious that there should be some difference...

Is the installation & upgradation procedure is same for both  & I should proceed ?

Please advice..

Thanks & Regards

MIK

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi MIK, Apologies for the delay. I am working today to try to find an answer for you. Thank you for your patience. I'll follow up as soon as I can. -- Lisa

Occasional Contributor

Hi LiasR,

Any update in regards to my query?

Appreciate your quick response.

MIK

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

As BNA version is updated, now I am planning to upgrade to 12.3.3.

Just thought to inform you.

MIK

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.