Management Software

Contributor

Upgrading Network Advisor.

Hi,

I am upgrading BNA, Brocade Network Advisor but can't figure out why the new upgrade is not working!

Previous version of Network_Advisor- 11_0_1

Upgrade version of Network_Advisor- 12_0_2

Operating System- Centos 5.9, x86_64

Didn't find any Upgrade document, in one of the Forum I found, up-gradation requires the simple installation of upgraded version. I did the same thing but it didn't work for me. I am not sure, that might works for the windows environment but, not for the Linux. I am able to install Network_Advisor12_0_2 without any problem, but if I try to access "Web Start the Network Advisor Client" It opens the same previous version 11_0_1. i.e., It still pointing to the same old version.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: Upgrading Network Advisor.

Moved to "Management Software forum".

thanks

Deepti

Frequent Contributor

You cannot migrate directly from Network Advisor 11.0.X to Network Advisor 12.0.0. To migrate from Network Advisor 11.0.X, you must first migrate to Network Advisor 11.1.X, then migrate to Network Advisor 12.0.0.

Please review the Brocade Network Advisor Installation and Migration Guide for further details .

Hope this helps.

-Annie.

Contributor

Thanks for you quick reply,

So to upgrade first I need to install 11.1.X and than 12.0.0? Simply installation of package helps to upgrade or do I need to change anything?

Thanks,

Nishant

Frequent Contributor

You will install 11.1.x continue to migrate once its all done then download and install 12.0.x

Contributor

There is not 11.1.x 64 bit version package for Linux? I am not migrating, I am upgrading.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.