Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Switch security violations after setting up DCFM

After installing DCFM and adding my fabrics, some of my switches are complaining about invalid login attempts from the DCFM server.

raslogd: 2010/12/16-04:40:38, , 16358, WWN ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff,  INFO, switchname, Security violation: Login failure attempt via HTTP. IP Addr: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

raslogd: AUDIT, 2010/12/15-05:10:20 (GMT+5), , INFO, SECURITY, NONE/unknown/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/http/webtools, ad_255/switchname, , Event: login, Status: failed, Info: Failed login attempt via HTTP, IP Addr: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

I have blanked out the WWN for the switch as well as the IP addresses of my DCFM server, but I think you can get the idea.

The password for the 'admin' account is verified as good, (I can log into the switch with it) and the same password is also verified in DCFM  when I setup the discovery.

The only thing that seems to be in common here is that they are only affecting director class switches, my current theory is pointing to one CP not knowing the same password as the other, but I am guessing here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex

New Contributor

Re: Switch security violations after setting up DCFM

I have the same issue. Anyone?

Occasional Contributor

I have opened up a PMR with IBM over the issue (who we bought DCFM through), and I will post any results I get.

Thanks,

Alex

Occasional Contributor

Are both IP addresses the same?

If so, check that the username and password you use to access those switches are correct in DCFM, make sure by loging into them via terminal

Also, the first error can be because of a fabric error:

Run "secfabricshow" on the switch, and check for consistency, usually a problem with the fabric itself

Hope this helps

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.