Management Software

New Contributor

[SMI-S] DetailedPortState property on FCPort

Hi,

Currently running the Brocade SMI Agent under CMCNE (EMC Connectrix Manager Converged Network Edition),I have discovered an interesting property called “DetailedPortState” in class Brocade_SwitchFCPort.

Here after the description of this property:

Additional port state/status information for the FCPort beyond that provided in OperationalStatus and EnabledState.

The following detailed port states may occur when OperationStatus is set to OK: Transceiver Validation(2) indicates that the transceiver is being validated. Locking To Reference Signal(3) indicates that the port is locking to the reference signal. Sync (4) indicates the port is receiving light and is synchronized with the other port. The following detailed port states may occur when OperationStatus is set to Error: Invalid Transceiver (5) indicates the port has detected an invalid transceiver. No Light (6) indicates transciever is not receiving light. No Sync (7) indicates that port is receiving light but cannot synchronize. Laser Fault (8) indicates the transceiver is reporting the laser is not working or the transceiver is not reporting data for the laser, or software detected the error by polling the transceiver and shut the port down Port Fault (9) indicates the port encountered errors beyond the transceiver including excessive low level link initializations. Diagnostic Fault (10) indicates that diagnoistic tests running various traffic types.

Unfortunately this property are always set to value 1 (other) for port in Sync state and I don’t know why ?? Can someone could help me please ?

Thanks

Contributor

Re: [SMI-S] DetailedPortState property on FCPort

derard,

Which tool are you using to gather the information: property are always set to value 1 (other) for port in Sync state?

What version of CMCNE and what is the version of FOS installed on the managed switches / directors?

New Contributor

Re: [SMI-S] DetailedPortState property on FCPort

Hi jdaignea,

Thank for your answer.

Currently I'm using ECUTE Cim Explorer (Standards Based Linux Instrumentation -  Browse /sblim-ecute-explorer at SourceForge.net ) to retrieve FCPort information.

CMCNE 11.2.1 with Brocade Switches 4900 and 5300 FOS 6.4.2a

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.