Management Software

Occasional Contributor

SAN Network Advisor 12.4.2 (and now 14.01) running slow, stuck hourglass cursor and clicking on items wont work?

As the title states, we have been running SAN Network Advisor on the same server for years without issue.  We ~6 months ago upgraded to 12.4.2 without issue.  Even as recent as two days ago everything was running great.

Today I log in and search takes forever, performance is crap, and the hourglass cursor will not go away.  Most annoying is say I click a WWN and want to edit properties to give an alias?  Yeah it randomly opens some other item without rhyme or reason.

Ok, so I'll reboot... nothing.  Ok, I'll upgrade to 14.01, same problems.  After another reboot the DB has issues starting and the services wouldnt manually start, another reboot fixed that.

Now regardless of what I try and do the hourglass cursor never leaves, performance is always crappy, and things like clicking on an item to edit it is messed up.

Any ideas what is going on and happening?

Brocadian

Re: SAN Network Advisor 12.4.2 (and now 14.01) running slow, stuck hourglass cursor and clicking on items wont work?

Since the system has been running fine up until now, I'd be checking things like hardware - e.g. a dying disk. Things like the DB & services not starting needs investigation - look at the logs, see what it says about why it didn't start.

I would also look at what other software changes have been made recently - e.g. OS updates.

Brocade Moderator

Re: SAN Network Advisor 12.4.2 (and now 14.01) running slow, stuck hourglass cursor and clicking on items wont work?

May I ask, what are the hardware Specifications of the server on which you are running BNA?

(Processor, memory, Disk Space, Operating System)

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.