Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Restoring SNMP Settings

We're in the process of replacing several switches, but when we use the configupload/configdownload process to restore our switch settings, the SNMP settings don't make it back to the new switch. Any ideas?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Restoring SNMP Settings

what do mean by replacing the SW? replacement of SW does not need any configupload or anything else. you have to merge the sws to the existing fabrics and after removing the devices from one old sw to new sw you can remove the old sw. DCFM may help you in SNMP case.

Occasional Contributor

Physically replacing the switch... installing a new switch into the fabric will merge the zoning... but it won't update the Domain ID (a merge will assign the next in line, not what it used to be) or switch name (which a configupload/configdownload will update), nor will it update the SNMP settings (so far I can't find anything that will).

Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I guess I should clarify... the switch we are replacing has a problem and we replace it with one of the same model. This is not an upgrade question.

Super Contributor

in this way you can not replace the SW. see in wiki, i have created a doc for merging and releasing the SW.

Occasional Contributor

I don't see your document. What's the title?

Super Contributor

http://community.brocade.com/docs/DOC-1739

also download the SAN migration guide from google and you will understand all.

Pls mark the thread if this helps u

Occasional Contributor

There is no reference to SNMP settings in your document. I have no problem replacing the switches, I'm just looking to automate the return of my SNMP settings.

Super Contributor

Hemant BIG Problem, he is unable to Read accurately some Threads, post uselessly answer only for Point.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I kind of figured as much... especially when I saw his documents.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.