Management Software

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

RADIUS to log in to BNA?

[ Edited ]

I do not understand why my AAA settings are not saving in the Server Management Console.  They revert back to previous settings upon relaunch of the window.

We have been using "local database" as the authentication method but I want to change this to RADIUS.  I enter in all the values and hit "Test" and the test passes.  I get all three check marks (RADIUS server reached, logged in to, privs verified).  When this is applied and saved I get no alerts or error windows.

When I launch BNA I still am prompted for local database credentials, no option for RADIUS, nothing about the login behavior has changed.  When I go to relaunch the Management Console the AAA tab now shows "local database" as the method.  Why is that?

[Sorry, forgot- we are using BNA version 14.0.1]

External Moderator

Re: RADIUS to log in to BNA?

@marce11o

1) Start Server Management Console

Figure 4 BNA Server Management Console.jpg

2) Go to AAA Settings Tab, in "Radius Servers and Sequence" click to add, and configure the Radius Server

AAA Settings.jpg

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for confirming that I went to the right place to work with these settings, however my changes will not stay - the authentication method reverts back to "local database" after all my RADIUS settings have been applied/tested(and passed)/saved.  Why might this be?

Regular Contributor

Is the RADIUS reacheable?
Kind Regards
Ralf
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please read original post carefully.  Smiley Happy  See attachment.  Yes.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks to Brocade's BNA support we have this resolved now.  Solution:  right-click the management console and launch as admin!  Thank you!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.