Management Software

Contributor

Problem with the new BNA 12.0.2

After the upgrade 11.1 to 12.0.2

In random time my log are not showing anymore the disconnect message example "A fibre channel port changed its operational state;Port 5 (0/5) changed operational state to offline"

I need to restart the service network advisor to receive again the message "A fibre channel port changed its operational state;Port 5 (0/5) changed operational state to online"

Anyone have the same problem?

Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with the new BNA 12.0.2

Hi,

when an online port goes offline a few traps are sent to the BNA reporting the change os status. If these traps stop being showed by BNA could have a few reasons:

- That the BNA is no longer registered to receive snmp traps. When you experience this, please, check the output of snmpconfig --show <snmp_version> in order to see if the server is correctly configured to receive traps.

- That traps are not reaching the BNA server. I personally like wireshark to check if traps are reaching the server.

- That the BNA receives the traps with success but does not process them. I suppose that in your case, this is the most likely scenario. when I have experienced this, I managed to fix it by re-discovering the affected switch modifying some snmp parameter (such as, community, snmp version, etc.).

When you restart the BNA services, the switchs are rediscovered, snmp is re-registered and all the possible causes of the failure are restarted.

Kind regards,

Felipon

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.