Management Software

Contributor

Problem upgrading FOS firmware using Network Advisor built-in FTP server

I have seen many of the posts regarding firmware upgrade failures that receive the following message - "The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid.".  I admittedly didn't go thru every single one of the posts, but I certainly went thru a good portion of them and it seems that every one I saw got this message when they were using an EXTERNAL ftp server to do their firmware upgrade. 

I used Network Advisor to import 7.2.0d firmware into the repository without a problem.  I am now trying to install the code using Network Advisor and I receive the "The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid" message.  I am using the built-in FTP server so I'm not exactly sure what I should check.  I did ensure that the firmware was on the path specified - C:\Program Files\IBM Network Advisor 12.1.5\data\ftproot.  And I know the IP/host name is correct and the ID/pw are also correct.

Can someone please provide some hints on what else I could check?  I was thinking maybe some permission on my Windows machine needed tweaking but they seem to be ok.

In the interim I am going to put the code to an external FTP server and try upgrading via CLI.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

New Contributor

Re: Problem upgrading FOS firmware using Network Advisor built-in FTP server

do you have your FTP/SFTP ports opened bi-directionally?

New Contributor

I'm facing similar issue, did you get resolved this issue? if yes what was the issue?

Contributor

May want to check your firewalls.  For me to eventually resolve this issue I had to disable the Symantec Firewall (Symantec Endpoint Protection) that I had on my machine.  Once I did that it worked as designed.

Good luck!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.