Management Software

Contributor

Network Advisor server not available and logon prompt

I am attempting to sign on to Network Advisor 12.1.5 via GUI.  As soon as java does it's thing and I get the actual Network Advisor logon screen, I get a Server not Available message.  The Network Advisor I am trying to sign on to is on a Linux machine.  I included the Network Advisor server name in my /etc/hosts file on my Windows machine.  I'm not sure why I'm getting this Server not Available issue and don't know where else to look. 

One other thing, another person in my group who is local to the server is able to sign on without any issue.

Has anyone experienced something similar or any ideas what I can do to resolve this situation?

Thanks.

Brocadian

Re: Network Advisor server not available and logon prompt

Hi,

Can you open Server Management Console and check what the status of the services are? My suspicion is your server hasnt started successfully.

Regards

-Sam

Contributor

Re: Network Advisor server not available and logon prompt

When I was initially launching the Network Advisor and java was doing it's thing, I did get a message saying "The client system is not running the recommended java version 1.7.0_45 or 1.7.0_51.  Do you want to continue?  Yes or No".  I selected yes since I had Java 1.7.0_51 installed on my machine.  And then I'd get the 'Server not Available' message.

I eventually upgraded to Java 1.7.0_71 and now it works like a charm.  So I suspect the message I was prompted with must be inaccurate since I had the level of java they were asking for.  Now that I'm on 1.7.0_71 I have no problems.

Thanks.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.