Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Network Advisor on CentOS Linux on VMWare ESX ?

Hi there,

According to the datasheet, I can install Network Advisor on RedHat Enterprise Linux. To reduce the project costs, I'm wondering if I can install it on CentOS Linux or no?

As I have only 6 of Brocade Ethernet switches in my project, I'm planning to use the No-Charge Professional edition of Network Advisor and install it on CentOS Linux which is hosted in a VMWare ESX host. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance for your helps.

Regards,

- Ali

Super Contributor

Re: Network Advisor on CentOS Linux on VMWare ESX ?

Hi Ali,

I have not tried it but I would think that since RedHat Enterprise is supported, then you could try Fedor  - CentOS no idea sorry.

Note - this would not be supported by Brocade though.

Thanks

Michael.

External Moderator

CentOS is based on Redhat source code.

I used in the past ( DCFM ) with CentOS and additional in my Itanium2 Server environments and work fine, however since CentOS not longer support Itanium I've switched to Debian Linux.

DCFM and BNA is Official from Brocade not supported neither CentOS or Itanum2, but work fine without any issue.

TechHelp24
Super Contributor

Cool - good to know Antonio.

Ali - please remember that Brocade will not support it though.  But if you and or your team know CentOS well, then give it a go.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Antonio,

Thanks, so it worth a try. 

Regards,

- Ali

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.