Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Network Advisor is replacing INM. Yes/No?

Hello everyone,

As a newbie, this id my 2nd question in Brocade community and the first in this forum.

We are finalizing our first order of Brocade Ethernet switches for a new project. Regarding the management software, I just noticed that the INM is no longer present in the Brocade website products page and it seems the Network Advisor is replacing the INM, doesn't it? Is it going to End-of-Sales status?

If yes, I need to get assured that it can support all our chosen Brocade Ethernet switches, including BigIron RX, FCX, FWS and FWS-POE switches.

I really appreciate your helpful responses. And by the way, what can I expect from its No-Charge package that is delivered with the switch order?

Regards,

- Ali

External Moderator

Re: Network Advisor is replacing INM. Yes/No?

--->>> Network Advisor is replacing INM. Yes/No?

YES.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Antonio,

Then consider I will have 6 Ethernet switches (2 of them BigIron RX-8s) with totally less than 300 ports; do you think that I can use the no-charge professional edition of Network Advisor for a full-feature management and monitoring?

Regards,

- Ali

Super Contributor

Hi Ali,

You can use the trail version for full management, the free version removes a lot of the functionality you would use day to day.

Suggest you download the trail version and play with it, in my mind NDA is well worth the investment.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Michael,

Your answers are really helpful.

I researched more and agree that the no-charge version is not enough for an efficient monitoring and management procedure.

Then unfortunately Brocade website is not comprehensive and lacks enough information for comparing/buying/ordering different products.

I found this part number in other websites:

BR-NTWADV-IP-BASE    (Brocade Network Advisor - IP Management - Standard License - Up to 50 Devices)

Do you think this is the product that I need? Do I have to order the first year support service too? Where can I find detail information for the features and services I will get?

I'm afraid I have lots of questions.

Regards,

- Ali

Super Contributor

Hi Ali,

Questions are good, keep them coming so all can learn.

Yes BR-NTWADV-IP-BASE is product code that you need.  You are also correct in that you must also order the support too for the first year (BNALB-SVL-SW-1).

For the feature compare download the Brocade Network Advisor Installation Guide 11.2.1 and look under the heading "Edition feature support" (you can find this here http://my.brocade.com/wps/myportal/!ut/p/b1/04_SjzQ0NjI3MTW0NDbVj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOK9vYyCfVyMjA3dw4KcDTydwzzMfIK9DQ2cjfRzoxwVAcPHpXI!/)

If the link does not work then goto my.brocade.com main page and select Documentation then Product manuals and select Brocade Network Advisor from the drop down list under Download BY.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Michael,

Got it, thank you.

I will get back to you whenever a new question comes to mind  

Regards,

- Ali

Super Contributor

Most welcome Ali.  Glad to help.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.