Management Software

New Contributor

L2 Topology not complete

Only 8 switches out of 68 have linked together on the L2 Topology Map. Whats the magic trick to get the others to link together? BNA has been running for a week or so and we have done multiple rediscoveries.

External Moderator

Re: L2 Topology not complete

-->>Only 8 switches out of 68 have linked together on the L2 Topology Map.

what is the BNA Release ?

what is the BNA version ? Professional Plus or Enterprise ?

how many Fabric / VCS fabric consist you environments ?

Switch Type / Model ?

exact NOS / FW Release loaded ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

what is the BNA Release ? 12.2.0

what is the BNA version ? Professional Plus or Enterprise ? I think Pro Plus, is there somewhere in BNA I can verify that is the license that is applied? About> License doesnt say.

how many Fabric / VCS fabric consist you environments ? No fabric yet. Rolling out four-6740s and four-7750s in a month or so.

Switch Type / Model ?

ICX6450s

Cisco 3750s

Cisco 3560s

The 8 that are mapped are Ciscos.

exact NOS / FW Release loaded ?

TechHelp24
External Moderator

--->>>I think Pro Plus, is there somewhere in BNA I can verify that is the license that is applied? About> License doesnt say.

if no License is present, most probable you use the "Professional" FREE Edition. This version have some restriction.

i.e. the Professional support only 20 Switches and 1000 Port, if you have more than 20 Switches no matter if the port number is lower as 1000, the release not work.

Additional, ( however I'm not quite sure because I'm not familiarly with Cisco IP Plattforms ) I believe Cisco is not supported in the Free Professional.

Additional I ask for NOS/FW Release, I would suggest you check BNA Release Notes if all you Brocade Switches are in range with FW to BNA Release, BNA 12.2.0 required OS 7.4.x / 8.0.x

TechHelp24
New Contributor

A license is present. for sure we are not using the FREE edition. We paid for 150 devices.

of the ICX 6450s

3 are 07.4.00bT311

1 is 08.0.00aT311

All are supported by BNA.

Thanks,
Matt

External Moderator

Matt,

I've no doubt that you not have any License or have not purchase one, however --->>>We paid for 150 devices.

BNA License are no-per-devices.

Please check again trough the BNA management Interface if a License is installed.

About Cisco equipment you want to discovery, I would suggest at this point to open a Call with Brocade.

Again, I'm not experienced with Cisco, and not sure if this all are supported or not.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.