Management Software

Contributor

Java Exception error - Network Advisor

hello,

Due to some other application looking for newer version of java i upgrade mine to java7 update25 . yestarday i opened Net adv fine but today its throwing this error. i tried multiple things based on diff contents posted by users on web but no luck ? any suggestions ?

here i attach the error/pic.

Super Contributor

Re: Java Exception error - Network Advisor

Hi Raju.  Have you tried the obvious troubleshooting steps with your installed Java?  The easiest, to delete the temp java files as seen here:

If that fails, uninstall/reinstall Java, reboot the workstation, then rerun BNA.  If that still does not work, please let us know and we'll see about a next step.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Contributor

Hi Mike ,

i deleted those then i tried its not working. later i noticed the java version which i installed in 32 bit so i uninstalled the java

1. downloaded the java 7 update 25 for 64 bit windows from chrome  - no luck

2. downloaded the java 7 update 25 for 64 bit windows from explorer  - able to open BNA

then i thought to try to open interface from chrome it didn't work but strangely i tried again on explorer its not working too.

i restarted system multiple times  but couldn't fix the issue.

External Moderator

Raju,

I facing some experience with Java 7, would suggest to remove , delete Cache and all Certificate, and then Install Java 6 Update 25.

If you need mandatory Java 7 for other applications, the install later Version 7

TechHelp24
Contributor

Hello,

As you said i uninstall all java versions and installed java 6 update 25 BNA working fine. But few of my other applications looking for java 7 update 25 so i insall this later but after that when i try to open BNA its grabbing java 7 and throwing error.

there is no way we can have java 7 if i want BNA ?  BNA should be compatible with latest versions of java if it has dependencies on java. i believe engineering team has to fix it.

Frequent Contributor

Raju can you please confirm the version of Network Advisor you installed ? I will get back to you on the Java support for BNA.

Contributor

BNA 11.2.1

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Raju . The latest BNA 12.1 is compatible with Java 1.7 update 25 . Please see the Systems requirement section in the 12.1  Installation Guide below :

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NA_1210_IG/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Chapter_Install.3.2.html 

BNA 11.2.1  requires Java 1.6 update 26 .

Hope this helps .

-Annie.

Contributor

Hello Shaikh,

thank you for the info. quick question is the new version of BNA 12.1 is a licensed software ?  i believe  the one which we have right now  ( 11.2.1 )  is not licensed one. we use this for SAN Fabric only.

New Contributor

Hello,

I have BNA installed as well and I'm facing an issue where i cannot open the element manager ?

Any suggestions please ?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.