Management Software

Frequent Contributor

Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

Dear Brocade community,

I just upgraded our BNA server from 12.4.4 to 14.0.1 and for some odd reason, I started receiving Event Action emails for all available categories.

Weird thing is : this feature wasn't active before the upgrade, It didn't get activated by the upgrade procedure, and it's still inactive as of now !

I tried re-activating then de-activating it, stopping the BNA services and restart them, nothing doesn't it. I'm still receiving tens of emails par minute.

Is this normal ? Has anybody else out there experienced the same behavior ?

Best regards.

Brocadian

Re: Impossible to stop receiving Event actions email since upgrade to BNA14.0.1

What event actions do you have configured under Monitor -> Event Processing -> Event Actions?

Frequent Contributor

Dear Lindsay,

Lots of customs Event actions configured there that suits my needs. But it's not those I'm concerned about.

Those that are causing my headackes are under : Server > Users > Edit > Filter > Selected Event Categories and Events to be displayed.

They started pouring spontaneously !?!

Best regards.

Brocadian

Has it enabled email alerting for users where it was not previously enabled, or has it reset filters, such that nothing is filtered (and everything gets sent)?

Frequent Contributor

Hello Lindsay,

The later. Although none of the eligible devices or categories are selected, I have started receiving tons of e-mails for every possible event in our Network.

Best regards.
Brocadian

Odd. I'd start by enabling some filters, and disabling them (just in case it needs to 'reset' something). I'd also disable email on a per-user basis.

I'd also log a support case for this. They might be able to find the problem in the DB.

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I did try enabling/disabling some filters but no changes.

As for disabling email notifications per user, I can't as we only use one user. I'll open up a case for this.

Best regards.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.