Management Software

Occasional Contributor

HP B-series SAN Network Advisor 12.1.5 : Element Manager not launching

I just loaded HP B-series SAN Network Advisor to manage 6 fabrics.  This is a fresh OS on a physical server with a new install of the 12.1.5 version.  All fabrics discovered with no issue.  I cannot choose "Hardware, Ports, Admin, Router Admin, Name Server" on any of my switches.  They are available and not greyed out.  I can directly connect to Web Tools on "any switch" using the browser on the server with HTTP.  The HTTP option is selection under Server>Options>Software Configuration>Product Communication.

This always worked fine on version 10, version 11, etc..  just not on any of the last 12 versions.  It is working fine on a similar system with same OS.

Any ideas?????

External Moderator

Re: HP B-series SAN Network Advisor 12.1.5 : Element Manager not launching

this is a DEFECT by Java , was closed recently by FOS upgrade.

you shold post a bit more Info about Switch Type and FOS release.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

We have a variety of switches being managed by BNA.  DCX's, DCX 8510-4's, 5100's, M5424's, 5480's, 300's, and a 4100.  

Most of the FOS versions are 7.2.0a.  2 fabrics are still at 6.4.1b with a couple new switches at 7.0.0c.

The element manager fails to open on all of them from the BNA 12.1.5 console.  I have tried using Java 6 Update 25 up through Java 7 update 51.  I rebuilt the OS and reloaded everything clean.  Is there a better version of Java to use that is compatible with all of these?

Occasional Contributor

Tried reloading various v6 and v7 of java and still get the same issue.  clicking on Element Manager and clicking on Hardware on any and all switches will not work.  There are no errors in the event logs.  Am I the only one having this issue?

New Contributor

I am running into the same issue, upgraded from DCFM 10.4.5 --> 11.1.5 --> BNA 12.0.2--->BNA 12.1.5 , migration completed successfully but after the migration,  unable to launch element manager and also unable to create / activate zones, BNA gui showing duplicate zone member errors  as posted at the below url

http://community.brocade.com/t5/Management-Software/BNA-Zone-duplicate-members/td-p/34556

Switch models : Brocade DCX-4S or type 77.3

Installed DCFM 10.4.5 on another servers and discovered the switches there. all works normal.

Is this a known issue ? Has there been a fix identified ?

Occasional Contributor

Has anyone else found a resolution configuration for this?  Running BNA 12.1.5 with trying multiple versions of Java on Windows 2008 R2.  Still no resolution yet as our Element manager still won't open any Hardware, Port, or Switch admin functions.  I can only open the URL directly for each switch.  I was hoping to be able to fully utilize 12.1.5 and utilize the Fabric Vision tools also.

Insofar as opening WT, try this on the BNA server: 1) Uninstall all other JREs(except BNA bundled JRE). 2) Close all the BNA clients 3) Open command prompt(Run as Administrator) and navigate to “\jre64\bin” (Ex: C:\Program Files\Network Advisor 12.0.3\jre64\bin) 4) Execute the command “javaws –viewer” 5) This will launch the Java Control Panel 6) Navigate to “Security” tab 7) Now Enable the “Enable Java content in the browser” check box and click “Apply” and then “Ok” I got this from Brocade support today for what appears to be the same problem. I had to "Disable Java Content" apply and then re-enable it to make this work.
New Contributor

Step 7 above is all I needed to do.  Enable Java Content in the Browser.

Check the box, apply, save, relaunch BNA and life is good.  I can access Element manager now.

Thanks!!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.