Management Software

Occasional Contributor
balladelli

Fabric Watch obsolete product?

Hi all,

We recently purchased two fabric watch licences to monitor our SAN fabrics, but we are unable to find the product's download page. Fabric watch has been replaced by another product? In that case, my licences are valid with the other product?

Thank you for you help

Max

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Re: Fabric Watch obsolete product?

Fabric Watch is still very much a popular license and has not been replaced by another product.  Can I ask who you purchased from?  Was it a Brocade OEM partner?  Directly from Brocade?  When was the purchase made?

Occasional Contributor
balladelli

The licences has been purchased by WIND Telecommunications, in summer 2012

M

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

I did a search in the Brocade records for a WIND Telecommunications and didn't find anything.  So the best recommendation i can give you is reference your P.O and contact the point-of-sale unless you have any information that can help me track down your order (if it was purchased directly from Brocade).

Occasional Contributor
balladelli

WIND Telecommunications is our front-end, the licence has been purchased by R1 S.p.A.

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

But I take it you dont know who it was purchased from?  My original guidance still remains... please refer to your P.O and contact the point-of-sale.

Frequent Contributor
alexey.stepanov

hi, fabric watch is a FOS feature enabled by license. you can't download it. it's always there. you just need to install the license and configure alerts. if you want do download something about it, i'm sure it is the manual, and it is here:

Fabric Watch

Occasional Contributor
balladelli

Thank you for your help

M

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

So alexey.stepanov is correct in his description, but please keep in mind, if it is not enabled on the switch and you do not have your paperpak or license key to install, this must be obtained to activate this license and thus begin using Fabric Watch.

Occasional Contributor
balladelli

As I told you we already purchased Fabric Watch licences for our SAN switches, but we thought that there was a product to install.

Thank you

M

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.