Management Software

Contributor

Fabric Manager 5.2

Wow...there are some changes here...

Occasional Contributor

Re: Fabric Manager 5.2

I agree Ed. Although my upgrade did not take very long (about 20 minutes) I can't do anything. The Detail pane tells me that I have discovered switches and fabrics but I am unable to do anything else. I was hoping that someone out here had some insight. Rob

Contributor

FM 5.2 has been horribly ugly. I just had to reboot the server it's on and I'm getting a little farther. The Windows services didn't start up (or started up and crashed since they were set to Automatic) and the database didn't start (which I manually started) so we're not off to a good start. I managed to talk to two brand new switches and am doing a firmware upgrade, but I haven't been able to talk to the rest of my switches/directors yet.

Contributor

I would love to understand why a product revision as major as 5.1 > 5.2 only manages a 'release' increment. When an apparently much smaller 4.4 > 5.0 was a 'version' ...Very pretty I'm sure and possibly an improvement, but until I have enough time available to investigate this major upgrade properly, I reverted to and will be sticking with 5.1.

Occasional Contributor

I agree. When I installed this I was expecting a slight change and some fixes. This is significantly different and still not working. I am going back for the time being until I get more info and have more time.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your comments. While the message boards are for users to connect with each other and Brocade typically does not participate, the nature of the comments triggered me to consult our engineering group. There has been some delay in responding as most of Brocade US was shut down during the week of Dec 25 and the New Year's holiday. Here are some comments from them, that I hope can help you:Brocade Connect Site Manager

Contributor

Thanks for the update Laura. .../Ed

Frequent Contributor

Ed,Brocade Connect Site Manager

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Laura, I'm planning on trying my migration again tomorrow 2/23. I will review the guide beforehand. Rob Pierce

Occasional Contributor

My upgrade took a long time also and I backed up the database to truncate the log. I lost my switch groups too. The drill down tree of switches and blades on the left is gone.This upgrade has crippled a once excellent product, in my opinion. I am running FM on Windows 2000. Perhaps this is my problem. How has this upgrade gone for others?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.