Management Software

Occasional Contributor

EZSwitchSetup Software Needed

Where can I download this software?

Thanks.

Bill

Occasional Contributor

Re: EZSwitchSetup Software Needed

If you go to "downloads" and then select "Product Downloads" you'll get a Product Download section which has a drop down menu called "Download by", which lets you select a product. You then use that menu to select EZSwitchSetup, and you should be presented with a list of all of the GA versions of the software.

Good Luck..

Jason

Occasional Contributor

I do not see the EZSwitchSetup listed in the dropdown.

Bill

Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure why the choice isn't available to you. What do you see when you select the dropdown?

Jason

Occasional Contributor

I do not see all those options. Can you email me the file? billb@yearone.com.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Occasional Contributor

What switch do you want to setup with the software, and is the computer you are going to use, running Windows, or Linux? Or if you know a specific version of the EZSwitchSetup software you want, let me know the version number, and whether you want the Windows or Linux version. Since the software archive file is about 100mb, I'll just post it to this thread, rather than email it to you.

Lastly, I'm curious. When you go to the select Product menu, what do you see? Any product listings? Also does anyone else see the entire list of available software? I'm going to ask someone, but I wonder if the reason you don't see it, is because under the my account section you don't have "Self-Serve Support Tools and Resources" enabled under the My Brocade Modules section.

Jason

Occasional Contributor

I am using Windows. The switch is a SAN Switch 2/8v. Brocade Silkworm 3250.  I see about 10 products in the dropdown. See below.

I do have  the Self-Serve Support Tools selected.

Screen1.jpg

External Moderator

--->>> The switch is a SAN Switch 2/8v. Brocade Silkworm 3250.

1) EZSwitch Setup for OS 5.x is not longer available for Download.

2) EZSwitch Setup is just a Add-On tools that allow to Set IP Address, and a couple other elementare things.

All that ( sorry to say )  can do my son 8 Years Old, he not need a such Tools like the EZSwitch Setup.

A simple sulution is:

Login to the Switch as Admin, and set whit the command "ipaddrset" the IP Address.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

My problem is setting the IP. This is a refurb system and it must not be setup with DHCP on. How do I talk to it if the system does not have an IP?  Is there a reset button? I do not even know what firmware is on the switch. I assume it is 5.x.

Bill

Occasional Contributor

Bill,

I downloaded the zip archive file of version 2.1.0 of the EZSwitchSetup software that was the last version to support the 3250, which includes both Windows and Linux clients. However, even though it's only about 64mb, the community board software keeps timing out when I try to post it. So I removed the Linux client, and then rezipped it, which brought the size down to 28mb, which I will post here.

If you want the complete official 64mb download file, just let me know where I can send it, and I'll do that as well.

Good Luck..

Jason

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.