Management Software

New Contributor

DCFMDbService continually shutsdown

I keep getting the following error message.

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( SQLANY 10.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: SQLANYs_DCFMDbService; Fatal error:  disk full when writing to "D:\Program Files\DCFM 10.4.1\data\databases\dcfmtx.log".

Followed by this.

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( SQLANY 10.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: SQLANYs_DCFMDbService; Normal shutdown of service SQLANYs_DCFMDbService.

I restart the DCFM services and away we go again. A few days later the same messages and I restart again. The disk is not full. I cannot find any information on this particular problem. The machine DCFM runs on is a VM.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Frequent Contributor

Re: DCFMDbService continually shutsdown

Seen this issue before. Check in the Windows Device Manager. Select View -> Show hidden devices. Under the Non-Plug and Play Drivers is a  hidden driver called "Sync Driver".  Disable that one, reboot the VM and you should be OK.

There is one snag and that is because of this issue your DB might be corrupted forcing you to do a fresh install.

Good luck

Cheers

E

New Contributor

Erwin,

I have implemented the change you suggested. I will let you know if this fixes the problem. Thanks in advance.

Michael troup.

New Contributor

Erwin,

Problem fixed. Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Michael Troup

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.