Management Software

New Contributor

DCFM zoning error

Hello All,

I'm new with DCFM pro. We installed it just yesterday (v10.3.0). We can discover fabrics. But at some fabric we get an error when we try to use Configure -> Zoning -> Fabric

We get the message: Failed to Unknown.

In the the server.log I can see serveral messages. I added a piece of it as Attachment. I think it has something to do with the size of the zoning.

Other (smaller) fabrics with other naming conventions are running fine.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you.

New Contributor

Re: DCFM zoning error

De-installed the prof version and installed the enterprise eval version. Now DCFM can get the zoning information! So are there limitations in the Pro version?

N/A

in DCFM pro, it has the limitation to open the zoning dialog / activate the large amount of zones, since the DCFM repository don't have eligible to hold huge number zones information in the repository. Please check with used zone db size of the fabric. it would be fine if the zone db size is less than 500 KB.

Super Contributor

DCFM Pro has limitations :

Single fabric management of pure Fabric OS Fabrics
• 10 switches
• 640 switch ports
• 1,000 hosts or storage devices

DCFM Entreprise version is the one, which you need to pay.DCFM Pro is a subset of DCFM Enter.

The evaluation version you can try.But if you have dual redundant Fabric DCFM Enterprise is the one.

Zone DB size can be know from CLI :cfgsize

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.