Management Software

Occasional Contributor
markstubb

DCFM Setup Tools Dialog and Spaces

Has anyone else tried to set up their own custom tool in DCFM?  I'm having an issue where I'm trying to add my SSH client as a dialog option, but when inputting the parameters, DCFM keeps stripping spaces out of the end of the Parameters input box.  I need to run a command like:

ssh.exe /T /SSH2 ipaddress

and DCFM runs it like

ssh.exe /T /SSH2ipaddress <-- removing the space

I tried with doing the "Append Product ID" and selecting IP address.  This results in the above behavior.  If I put /T /SSH2 <IPAddress> in the Parameters box, it tries to connect with "ssh.exe /T /SSH2 <IPAddress>192.168.1.1", and of course fails.

How can I insert a single space character at the end of the Parameters input box and make it stick?  I almost considered going into the DB to figure out if I could manually edit the field, but would rather do it another way, if possible.

Bug maybe?

Occasional Contributor
kirkki

Re: DCFM Setup Tools Dialog and Spaces

im faced same problem with putty usage (putty.exe -ssh <IPAddress>)

Working solution for me was - In product menu parameter field: -ssh\ (backslash) and checked append product ID IP address

bregs

Kirkka

Occasional Contributor
markstubb

Didn't work.  I tried a number of characters there, even pasted a tab, nothing seems to work.

DCFM 10.3.3, by the way.

Occasional Contributor
kirkki

Hmm, you have /T(space)/SSH(space)<IPAddress> if you dont use the tab option and /SSH\ only? same thing?

Occasional Contributor
markstubb

I WISH I had /T(space)/SSH(space)<IPAddress>, but it actually looks like /T(space)/SSH<IPAddress>, which fails.

Putting in just /SSH\ has the same error shown in my previous post.  The /T(space) has no impact on the error message.  Leaving /T in or taking it out makes no difference.

N/A
wrobinso1

I got around this by calling a batch file instead of putty.exe.  Create a batch file with the contents:

c:\temp\putty.exe -ssh %1

Call this instead of putty.exe and append the ip address.  Has worked for me.  Not sure if there is another solution but was having this problem and came across this post.

Will

Occasional Contributor
gilbert.sagun

It works with me by blanking out the parameters field and and checked append product ID IP address. I used the putty installer with ver 0.62

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.