Management Software

Contributor

DCFM Discovery Error: Unsupported Vendor

Has anyone else run into the Discovery error in DCFM, where it reports a switch is an unsupported vendor?  It is strange  that DCFM would do this since the products it is flagging are DCX switches.  The switches appear to be otherwise manageable, but there remain an error in discovery, and element manager can't be launched from the DCFM console.

Super Contributor

Re: DCFM Discovery Error: Unsupported Vendor

--->>> Has anyone else run into the Discovery error in DCFM, where it reports a switch is an unsupported vendor?

is unkown to me, i think ??? this is caused by Incompatibility beetwen FOS rel. and  DCFM rel.

Have you checked about the compatibility ?

Is the DCX teh Seed Switch in the Fabric ?

Occasional Contributor

I saw that same issue when runnign the trial DCFM.  It was reporting it against my DCX switch as well.

Contributor

I got a response from Brocade support on the issue.  They did not tell me what caused the problem in the first place, but the fix was to delete the fabrics in question from DCFM, then restart all of the DCFM services through the Server management console.

Occasional Contributor

I recently purchased two (IBM branded 2498-b24) Brocade 300 switches.  On a clean stand-alone install of DCFM 10.3.3 (just for the purpose of managing/configuring these two switches before they go into production) I receive this same message on one of the two switches.  I have attempted power cycling the switches, stopping/starting DCFM instance, rebooting laptop, etc.  Is there a missing flag file or something on the one (unmanageable) switch?

Occasional Contributor

My issues were caused by the following:  "IBM b-type SAN products will begin shipping with an updated OUI in the product World Wide Name. Updates to management software may be required to recognize these changes."  By updating to DCFM 10.4.3 (the current IBM supported version) I was able to discover and manage the problem switch without issue.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.