Management Software

Contributor

DCFM Database Port

Is there any way to change the port that the dcfm database uses from the default of 2638?  Our Windows engineers have a product, installed on every server, that is also using that port, and I have been having all sorts of problems with keeping the dcfm install running properly.

Peter

Frequent Contributor

Re: DCFM Database Port

Peter,

Port 2638 is registered by Sybase at IANA so they have the right to use that port. If your windows administrators have a "utility" that also uses that port than this is a. also a tool which uses  Sybase DB or b. a tool that also uses that port.

I think some remote desktop tool also uses (or has used) this port.

I know this doesn't help you very much but remember that if the port is changed on the DB level (look at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/sqlanywhere/0902/en/html/dbdaen9/00000288.htm) DCFM still doesn't start and you have no way to escalate this to your support provider.

I would start banging on the door from your windown administrators and demande from them that you have a requirement for a particular tool (DCFM in this case) and they should be able to provide you with the proper (working) platform.

If this doesn't help install the Linux version. :-) Much more stable platform anyway. :-)

Cheers

E

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.