Management Software

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

DCFM 10.4.x Licence conversion for Use in NA 12.3.3

Hello Brocade Team,

Does Brocade have a facility to convert a DCFM licence key for use in NA 12.3.3 for a new install, on another system , if provided with the DCFM product serial no., Licence Key /Transaction code, or is the only means of conversion, following the upgrade path.

Thanks

External Moderator

Re: DCFM 10.4.x Licence conversion for Use in NA 12.3.3

Hi Cliff,

As fair as i remeber, the DCFM License Key not work for "NEW Installation" for BNA, but you can continued to use the License by Upgrade/Migration from you current DCFM.

Another way is, if you have a active maintenance Contract with Brocade to obtain a new License key.

DCFM 10.3.X and 10.4.X running on the Linux and Windows operating systems can be upgraded to Network Advisor 11.0.1 for SAN. DCFM 10.3.X or 10.4.X running on the Solaris platform must first migrate to a supported operating system, and then perform the upgrade to Network Advisor 11.0.1 for SAN. Upgrades from DCFM to Network Advisor 11.0.1 for SAN do not require a new software license key. SAN users may add IP management to Network Advisor 11.0.1 for SAN+IP network management with the procurement of the IP functionality.

next upgrade procedure

DCFM Migration: DCFM 10.4.X running on the Linux and Windows operating systems can be upgraded to Network Advisor 11.1.X (11.1.0 - 11.1.5) for SAN first, then upgrade to Network Advisor 12.0.0. DCFM 10.4.x running on the Solaris platform must first migrate to a supported operating system, perform the upgrade to Network Advisor 11.1.X for SAN, and then upgrade to Network Advisor 12.0.0. Prior versions of DCFM would need to be first upgraded to DCFM 10.4.X and then perform the upgrade as listed above. Upgrades from DCFM to Network Advisor 12.0.0 for SAN do not require a new software license key. SAN users may add IP management to Network Advisor 12.0.0 for SAN+IP network management with the procurement of the IP functionality.

and so on.

details about Migration Path, are listed in the BNA Release Notes.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Cliff,

small update. I've here a Old Trial DCFM License, now I start a Fresh Installation of BNA 12.3.4 and use this old License key.

The license is work, however in my case the BNA not start with the License because as mentioned this is Old DCFM trial Epired License.

So I assume you can safely Start with a New BNA Installation and then use the DCFM License without any restriction.

hope this help.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your speedy reply Antonio and thanks for carrying out your test.

I'll get one of the guys to have a go here. If it doesn't work for us, I'll recommend following the upgrade path.

Thanks again.

External Moderator

Cliff,

keep in mind, DCFM License don't have IP Support. If you haveBrocade IP Plattforms in you environments, and want to use BNA with IP support, you need to Upgrade the License.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.