Management Software

Occasional Contributor

DCFM 10.4.1: Unable to start CIMOM Server Agent

Did any one face the situation that after upgrading DCFM from 10.3.2 to 10.4.1 unable to start CIMOM Server Agent through Management Console.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Frequent Contributor

Re: DCFM 10.4.1: Unable to start CIMOM Server Agent

Hi rameshk

I just did an upgrade the other day up to 10.4.0 from 10.3.2 and everything went well , have you tried stopping and restarting the DCFM service ?

David

Occasional Contributor

Well, I have upgraded DCFM on two servers. One went well. CIMOM Service got started. On the 2nd one, it seems some one has not done upgrade well. CIMOM is not starting since 10.4.1 upgrade. However, I have re-started DCFM Service and restarted DCFM Server itself.

Any thing else ?

New Contributor

I ran across this issue due to system management tools using the same port as CIMOM.  If you are running Windows, jump to a cmd prompt and run netstat and see if any other applications are using the port.  Also the service may have not uninstalled cleanly tying up the port.

Occasional Contributor

Solution to the original Problem: We did reconfiguration. When you look at "windows > Start button> All Programs> Expand DCFM 10.4.1> Configuration > run this configuration and select the options to start "SMI Agent while starting the DCFM Server".

It will restart the DCFM Application and CIMOM Server Service has been started in Windows Services. This is the suggestion we received from Development - Brocade. It helped us really.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.