Management Software

New Contributor

Configuring Performance Monitoring and threshold in Brocade switch.

Hi ALL,

Can any body help me with one thing, i want to configure something in command mode. that if my port utilization crosses the threshold. I will receive an alert as an email from the switch. we are already receiving emails if any port goes down.

But i also need this to be configured. For this first i need to check whether we can set thresholds on switch or not. than. Guys please help

Thanks in advance.

Contributor

Re: Configuring Performance Monitoring and threshold in Brocade switch.

Sure,

You can monitor and alarm on interfaces with monitoring software like PRTG or SolarWinds.

I use PRTG to monitor on utilization and have it send me alert emails on our MLX switches.

So yes you can do it but not directly from the switch You need some additional monitoring software.

Pat,

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, But i checked PRTG it seems it is used to montor network switches and i am looking to monitor fiber switches. it's my mistake i did n't metioned there in my question. we have a small infrastructure and we are not looking for the costly solutions. thats why i am asking with you earlier can we configure something in brocade switch command mode or do we have any freeware or utility available.

Contributor

If it has snmp enabled and working It wont matter whether its Fiberchannel or Ethernet you can do the same thing based on octet input and output.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.