Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Brocade SMI Agent for EOS Products v2.5

I have install this product to allow EMC ECC 6.1 to communicate with EFCM. The product installed with no issues and my communication with EFCM has been established, however when i attempt to enter into the Server Configuration tool, the supplied default password of Administrator/password does not work. The SMI service is running and all attempts to remove the product and conduct a new install have come to the same point and i am not able to access the Configuration tool with the default passwords.

So not my issue is i need to get in the tool to create a user account to complete the connection from EMC ECC to the SMI client.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe C

Occasional Contributor

Re: Brocade SMI Agent for EOS Products v2.5

bump..

External Moderator

Joe,

i test here some Intallation of EFCM and SMI, and work Fine.

But, i note some EFCM Release and SMI Release are not Compatible and unsupported.

With other word, you must make sure that both Release beetwen EFCM and SMI are Supported.

Wich exact EFCM Release Build do you have Installed ?

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Joe,

here some Screen from EFCM and SMI , see Attached DOC File

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I am going to wipe the agent install again and try to remove it also from the registry. Everything installs just fine and communication between teh SMI agent and EFCM 9.7.3 are fine, the issue is trying to login to the agent interface to create a user ID that EMC Control center can use. The default password on the SMI agent (download from here) does not work for me.

But i will try the whole thing again, and produce screen shots to attach to this thread.

thanks

Joe

Occasional Contributor

Tried the install again.. and STILL no luck with this product from Brocade!

Still Administrator/password do not work.

Administrator./password. Do not work

administrator/password Do not work

See my install pics attached. Everything is good except when i try and use the SMI tool!!!!!!!!!!!

External Moderator

Joe,

i see in the screen file, the successfully Test Screen have as username "ar12"

ist this the Active username by EFCM ?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Yes, however this is not my issue.. My issue is I am unable to login to teh config tool of the SMI agent. access denied!. the default username/password in the docs do not work.

so i am unable to get into the tool to create in-order to config the ports assigned to SMI communication and also add in a user account to be able to access SMI from teh EMC control center application.

my communication between EFCM and the SMI agent seems to be ok, but without being able to connect into teh SMI tool with the so called default username/password as stated in the SMI agent pdf file i download here, its useless to me.

External Moderator

is by EFCM the Administartor Password set as Standard as "password" or is changed ?

if you have change the Administrator password in the EFCM, you must login in the SMI with a same password from Administrator / EFCM.

TechHelp24
N/A

Hi,

For Brocade SMI agent for EOS Products v2.5 , Server Configuration Tool Login fails with valid user credentials. As far as my understanding goes,

these credentials are maintained in a database local to SMI agent. Any idea which file has these credentials stored ? Is it possible to change these credentials anyhow.

Regards

Nimai Sood

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.