Management Software

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Brocade Network Advisor server & non Brocade software

We had an outside vendor set up our new Brocade Switches and our Brocade Network Advisor server (Windows 2012).  While poking around, I noticed that the server has some software installed that we don't normally use (ie.  LogMeIn, Foxit PDF, etc.) and I'm assuming that the vendor installed them for their own use while configuring it but does the BNA need or expect to find any non-Brocade software installed on it's server or can I uninstall everything that I don't recognize and that's not Brocade or Microsoft?  Thanks.

External Moderator

Re: Brocade Network Advisor server & non Brocade software

ctavernier,

I moved you Thread to correct Forum.

about you questions, BNA don't required neither LogMeIn nor FoxIt.

TechHelp24
Contributor

Thanks.  How about ITSupport247-MSMA or VanDyke Software SecureCRT 7.3?

Brocadian

BNA doesn't care about any third-party software, provided that it doesn't try to listen on one of the ports that BNA uses. So if you installed something else that listened on port 80, BNA would have a problem.

But things like PDF readers are irrelevant.

SecureCRT is a useful SSH/Telnet client. Doesn't matter much if it's there or not.

The other things like ITSupport247-MSMA & LogMeIn are used for remote access. Do you need to allow other people remote access to this system? If you do, you'll probably need to leave those. If you don't, you should get rid of them, or at least disable them.

Contributor

Thanks very much.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.