Management Software

External Moderator

Re: BNA upgrade from 12.1.5 to 12.3.x fails

I think the issue is related to Java Release because BNA 12.3.x in the installation step, try to install Java 1.7

I know this is very annoing,

I would suggest without any kind of warranty:

- uninstall Java 1.8, verified if no other Java release are installed.

- Install Java 1.7 u76

- restart the current BNA to check if working correct ( is probable you get some error when you try to open webtools from some switches with newest FOS release, as this required newest Java, can be ignored )

- now, close the BNA and try again with the BNA Upgrade.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Antonio,

thanks for your suggestion but I have some bad news. I tried everything like you mentioned but the upgrade is still failing with the same error message so I have to investigate more thouroughly.

External Moderator

@methusalix

I've few questions.

1- is the current productive 12.1.5 a native Install or was already upgraded from another preview release ?

2- in BNA, both, DB password and dcfmadmin passwords, are by default ?

3- did you start the upgrade local or remote ?

in some Circumstance i.e. by Windows Remote Management, port 80 is in use, and this can be caused a conflict

with "netstat -nao" check if Port 80 is still in used

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Antonio,

1. it was an upgrade from a previous version
  2. both DB passwords have been set to default before, didn't know about the Administrator password, so i resetted this one also
  3. upgrade procedure started locally
  4. port 80 was not in use during upgrade procedure

Bad news again: rollback during "initializing and migrating database" Smiley Mad

External Moderator

-->>Bad news again: rollback during "initializing and migrating database"

Indeed, and is very courious.

Do you have enough space on the HDD ? both C:\ and x:\Backup Partitions ?

when BNA begin with Upgrade/Migration are you sure you point in the correct Folder ?

TechHelp24
External Moderator

[ Edited ]

@methusalix

did you have access to BNA Release 12.2.0 ?

I compare some thing between the versions, and have found that the postgre ODBC version between the BNA Version itself is different.

I have found an internal postgre JODBC note, that dealt various issues "with and beetwen" the JOBDC Release.

BNA 12.1.5 used different JODBC Driver Version as 12.3.x, while 12.2.0  
(accord some Brocade notes and the OSCD ) use the same patched release as 12.1.5 and 12.1.6

in conclusion:

I'm not sure if this can caused a issue, but a test to Upgrade first to v12.2.0 can not hurt.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Antonio,

I checked again disk usage during upgrade but both partitions have been filled by about 50%. So this shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have access to 12.2.0 and was not able to try an upgrade to 12.2.0 therefore. Maybe you can give me a hint on how/where to get this version because it is no longer available in Brocade "Downloads" section.

External Moderator

I know that the release is no longer available for download.

Please send me a email ( my email address is in my profile ) I'll point you to download.

As saied in my preview post, I'm not sure if this solve you problem, but I'm a bit confident.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hello Antonio,

the update to 12.2.0 finished sucessfully. So I'll wait some time (I'm out of office for some weeks) and then try to upgrade to 12.3.x and give you a feedback afterwards.

External Moderator

Perfect, that is really good news.

let me check some details before you proceed with Upgrade to, I'll try to find more indicate BNA 12.3.x Release.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.