Management Software

New Contributor

BNA not saving configs

Hello,

I have installed BNA 12.3.1 recently, and I cannot fetch config from my VDX switches. I keep getting the error message " Error in retrieving Configuration: NetconfExpection: Error while transferring file over SCP. Please check host IP .... etc"

The BNA has an SSH with admin capabilities as well as SNMPv3 user and password. I'm not sure what could it be?

Occasional Contributor

Re: BNA not saving configs

Hello,

I have the same problem with BNA 12.4.1, with the same error when I try to save VDX config, did you solve it?
If you did, can you explain me how?

BNA has an admin read/write credentials too and a snmpv3 access for the VDX.

Thank you

Brocadian

Try manually copying the configuration from the VDX to your BNA server using SCP. Does that work?

If not, check firewalls, etc. Check the BNA setting for switch -> server communications. Check your file transfer policies - depending on your network, you may need to use one of the other options.

Occasional Contributor

Manually it works using "copy running-config scp://USERSmiley TongueASSWORD@172.20.X.X/CopyRunVDXtest.txt" on a terminal (on the BNA Server).

The "CLI through Server" of BNA on the VDX works too, but if I try to copy the running-config with this CLI I'm deconnected before the end...
And in the Server Options > Software Configuration >  FTP/SCP/SFTP , the username / password are good.
But saving the running Configueration with BNA is still not working.

Any idea ?

Brocadian

That bit about being disconnected before the end doesn't look right. So it starts copying the configuration, but never completes?

For your FTP/SCP/SFTP settings, what order are they configured? e.g. scp / fall back to ftp 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.