Management Software

Contributor

BNA in html?

Hi together,

currently we expected again some Java problems with newer Java Versions and BNA that needs a specific (old) version. So does anyone know if there is a migration planned to html ? As far i can say - the customers have more and more problems like this in big enviroments and the problems are getting bigger and bigger each year...

Thanks for Feedback

Contributor

Re: BNA in html?

I dont think so , but i do feel Brocade should be in process of doing it by this time

They accept your feedback; kindly put up a request to them and check

External Moderator

about you question if any Migration to HTML is planned, the answer is no as per many reason.

BNA is a complexes Software Management, and HTML cannot handle any such complexes System.

Second, you report Customer have several Problems with BNA.

an you please explain with exactly details what kind of problem ?

TechHelp24
Contributor

I work in an enviornment where security comes first.  We are running BNA 12.0.1 and it wants Java Update 11..   Java 7 Update 45 is being pushed to our workstations which does not work at all with 12.0.1.

In a test lab our vendor tested NA 12.1.1 with Java 7 update 45.  It worked but complained about the java version the client was running.

Brocade needs to at least keep current with java releases.  Especially when there are security issues in older versions.

Contributor

Hi all,

same in my company. Client guys wanna keep the clients updated and "security patched" to fix any bugs or security issues and many (BNA is actually just one) Management Systems need older or much older Java Versions to run. So a Workaround is always to copy locally a old Java version and link that with the jnlp file but really nice is different to this. So i know also some companys that won't buy a new software which needs local Java Enviroments and this is one big point if the look in the market for vendors of a system. I think that many of the "complexity" can be done on the server and only "viewed" by the client instead of push the software to the client.

New Contributor

We too had Java 7-45 pushed to our desktops and now am unable to run BNA 12.1.1.  The Network Advisor Message dialog box appears after selecting the "Don't Block" Java prompt saying "Client is not compatible with the server",  click OK and the Login button is greyed out.  There is a red X on the log in dialog box that says "Client/Server version mismatch".  I can launch on server without any issues, did you get BNA to run on the clients/desktop?  Tried the clear temp files and all; we are sick of Java updates breaking applications.

Contributor

Try to get you a copy of the recommended Java Version locally on each pc.

f.e. folder "jre1.7u25" and create a batch with:

cd jre1.7u25_32_bit\bin

javaws.exe dcmclient.jnlp

this Links the jnlp to the right java version. This is a workaround that makes 12.1.1 running.

External Moderator

hi all.

OK, we can discussed long here about some Security backlog in Java, but to be honestly and from another point of view, neither Brocade nor another Software Vendor/Developer is able all couple of week launch NEW release of they Software.

I've not and is not my intention to criticized Oracle, and/or from other side to Defend Brocade or another Software Vendor, however we have to admit that such "BUG" is directly not related to/with the Product.

Rather is the main problem JAVA.

Apparently is Oracle unable to closed all this BUG, and the story continued, Tomorrow, next Week, next Month, and forever.

and this is the reality.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks DennisN, appreciate the info...

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.