Management Software

BNA backs up switches every 15 minutes - Can't find where to change this interval

[ Edited ]

Can anyone advise me on where to find the option to change the interval in which switches' configs are back up to BNA?

It looks like it's the configuration change tracking that goes out and downloads the configs of all switches every fifteen minutes.  This fills our syslog server with logs. Cant find where to change this setting...

We are running 12.2.0

Thx.

Brocadian

Re: BNA backs up switches every 15 minutes - Can't find where to change this interval

Are these Ethernet switches? You can change some of the behaviours through Server -> Options -> IP Preferences.

There's a few options within there. You may need to disable things like Backup on Running/Startup Config change trap.

KWL

Re: BNA backs up switches every 15 minutes - Can't find where to change this interval

Thanks for your reply.  We already have the DoBackupOnRunningConfigChangeTrap, and others unchecked in this location.

The only items we have checked in the Changemanager section are DoBackupAfterResync and DoPostdeploymentBackup.

I've done some experimenting with those two settings and without them checked, the behavior still exists.

Are there any other settings I should be looking at?  Is there a way to change the interval somewhere?  Currently BNA is logging into every IP device every 10 minutes, not 15 as previously stated.

Thanks again for you help.

Kirk

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.