Management Software

New Contributor

BNA 14.2.0 migration fail

Hello,

I am attempting to install BNA 14.2.0. I am able to upgrade/migrate from 12.3.4 to 12.4.4, then to 14.0.1 without any issues. When I try to go further with any other versions(14.0.2, 14.0.3, 14.2.0.) the migration fails at the very end and rollsback. 

Has anyone successfully upgraded to 14.2.0? 

Thanks

Brocade Moderator

Re: BNA 14.2.0 migration fail

Hi,

are the migration step 14.0.1 to 14.0.2 / 14.0.3 / 14.2.0 which fails - are you able to share any error message or further information?  These steps should work.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

Re: BNA 14.2.0 migration fail

Hi Martin, the migration is now completed. The problem was resolved by running a Brocade supplied script the essentially cleared out all the Dashboards widgets and reloaded them. Postgres had a serious issue somwhere in the migration process. According to Support a Defect article (Article Number 000013010) was created per my issue.

Please run the attached script; below is the readme content

This script add the missing dashboard widget details in database.

1. Copy the attached zip file to "<BNA_Home>" folder 2. Extract it in the same location 3. Make sure that the Widget_Entry_update.bat is present under "<BNA_Home>\bin" folder 4. Make sure that the Widget_Entry_update.sql is present under "<BNA_Home>\conf" folder 5. Open command prompt and navigate to "<BNA_Home>\bin"
6. Type Widget_Entry_update dbUsername dbPassword and hit enter.
7. Any error occured share Widget_Entry_update.log file which is available under "<BNA_Home>\logs"

For eg: Widget_Entry_update dcmadmin passw0rd

Thanks.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.