Management Software

New Contributor

BNA 14.0

In discovery status : DiscoveredSmiley FrustratedNMP communication failureSmiley FrustratedNMP credentials may be invalid

Can anyone assist with the t/s steps to check this .

Thanks in advance

nagarajann

Brocadian

Re: BNA 14.0

Is SNMP configured on the device you are trying to discover? Have you configured the same credentials in BNA? Have you tried testing SNMP with snmpwalk?

New Contributor

Hi Lindsay

I am new to this SNMP stuff.

Can you guide me how i can check the SNMP config on the switches and BNA ? If possible correct procedure / set of commands will be very helpful .

nagarajan

Brocadian

What sort of switches do you have? The specific configuration will depend on the devices you're using - e.g. configuring a VDX is quite different to configuring an FC switch.

You can test that SNMP is working from a client system. If you're using Windows, then use something like this: https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester

OS X ships with snmpwalk by default, and Linux OSes have that available as a package.

New Contributor

Thanks , let me check . I am having Brocade B6520 switches + BNA 14.0 , i tried setting the SNMP access control with R/W permission , after that some switches started working correctly but some are not , i am trying to compare the SNMP settings with the working /Non working switch

nagarajan

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.