Management Software

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

BNA 12.4.2 install on Redhat Linuxppc64 fails with vm.tar.Z not in zip format

Hi All
I'm trying to install BNA 12.4.2 on PowerPC and OS is Redhat 7.1
I found 2 issues with the installer
Firstly it failed with ERROR"JRE not found or incompatible Libraries". I thought it was my Java but after going through a portion of the install.bin script I found that when it initializes variable DISTRO_NAME=`cat /etc/issue` it actually blank so I changed this line to DISTRO_NAME=`cat /etc/redhat-release` and so I'm passed that point but get the below error now. Please assist or is there any chance I can get latest installer.

root@localhost Linux_64]# ./install.bin

Preparing to install...

Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...

Unpacking the JRE...

gzip: /tmp/install.dir.70958/Linux/resource/vm.tar.Z: not in gzip format

/tmp/install.dir.70958/Linux/resource/vm.tar.Z: not in compressed format

gzip: /tmp/install.dir.70958/Linux/resource/vm.tar.Z: not in gzip format

The included VM could not be uncompressed (GZIP/UNCOMPRESS). Please try to

download the installer again and make sure that you download using 'binary'

mode.  Please do not attempt to install this currently downloaded copy.
External Moderator

Re: BNA 12.4.2 install on Redhat Linuxppc64 fails with vm.tar.Z not in zip format

-->>BNA 12.4.2 install on Redhat Linuxppc64 fails......

-->>I'm trying to install BNA 12.4.2 on PowerPC and OS is Redhat 7.1

Keep in mind, BNA is supported on RedHat, however only for Intel Based plattforms and no on other CPU Architectures.

for details about supported OS, refer BNA Installation and Migration Guide.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Re: BNA 12.4.2 install on Redhat Linuxppc64 fails with vm.tar.Z not in zip format

Hi Antonio, Thanks for your prompt response. Is this the opportunity to request that it be Co sidereal for especially POWERPC architectures? It would make things much easier as organisations moving toward virtualised infrastructure and we love POWERPC and what it offers. You can also boost server resources on the fly as needed. I do have one x86 machine but installation requires minimum 6GB memory and it only has 4GB.
External Moderator

hi,

I think you should open a Call by Brocade with such request if any solution is available.

Again, from the Official GA= General Available DOC and Guide, such a solutions is not Supported.

TechHelp24
Brocadian

Antonio is correct - BNA is not currently supported on PowerPC architectures. There are no current plans to add support for it. For better or worse, x86-64 dominates the server CPU market. PowerPC is not required for modifiying server resources on the fly - e.g. VMware offers hot-add CPU/RAM. 

If there is sufficient demand for porting, then we can evaluate the business case - please get in touch with your account team.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.