Management Software

Contributor
Accepted Solution

BNA 12.3.3 is failing to backup configurations due to java.lang.NullPointerException

I have eleven Brocade products (switches and two routers) that I am using the free version of BNA with. It seems as thought the only thing you can do with the free version is to automatically save configuration files. Now that has stopped working, and I am receiving the error...

"Retrieving Configuration...
Error in retrieving Configuration: java.lang.NullPointerException
Finished"

I tried to install an update to Java on my Windows 7 Professional system that BNA is installed on, but this didn't change anything.

Anyone else have this error and/or anyone know how I can get my BNA working again?

Thanks

Brocadian

Re: BNA 12.3.3 is failing to backup configurations due to java.lang.NullPointerException

Any changes to username/passwords recently?

From the BNA server, can you SSH to the switches/routers? Can you manually upload a configuration file from a switch/router via TFTP to the BNA server?

kml
New Contributor

Re: BNA 12.3.3 is failing to backup configurations due to java.lang.NullPointerException

Having the exact same issue..Is it a java security setting or BNA ?

kml
New Contributor

appears to be tied to the setting of using SCP only . If i change it to SCP then TFTP it works. 

Problem is we can't use TFTP.

Brocadian

So what happens if you manually try doing a backup using SCP?

New Contributor

Does anyone have any more information regarding this issue? I am having the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brocade Moderator

[ Edited ]

This is a known issue which has been fixed in BNA 12.4.3 and later codes under DEFECT000574919.

A work around is to select "SCP than TFTP" as kml mentioned. This method still uses SCP to transfer the files, but gets around the 'java error' when using SCP only.

Regards,

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.