Management Software

New Contributor

BNA 12.0.2 - Error importing FOS 7.1.1

I am trying to import v7.1.1.zip into Brocade Network Advisor 12.0.2.  It passes the pre-import MD5 checksum, but it fails to move the file to the repository with the error:

Firmware could not be imported into the repository.

Could not connected to the File Transfer Protocol Server.

Check to see if the File Transfer Protocol server is running.

I'm using the local FTP server and it is running.  (I'm able to download certificates from it to my switches as well as manually open a connection and log in using admin credentials.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Re: BNA 12.0.2 - Error importing FOS 7.1.1

Using 12.0.2 the firmware was successfully imported into BNA repository for FOS 7.1.1 .

Is it possible for you to share the BNA support save file and also the screenshot of the error message you get .Please send them to techmods@brocade.com .

We can investigate and get back to you with our findings .

Firmware management.png

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Annie.

I was able to get the firmware uploaded by disabling the SCP server in the "Options" menu.  I don't understand why that would matter, but it solved the problem.

Occasional Contributor

I am at BNA 12.4.2 and this is still an issue...I tried several things over the wwekend but found this by Googling the entire text of the message.  Thanks!  I am now able to upgrade my DCX's ( a little late but what the heck)

Brocadian

There's a few possible things going on. There were some code fixes in older FOS versions that affected SCP.

There's also a possibility that the switch has cached an older SSH public key for the BNA server (for example, if you've rebuilt your BNA system). 

In that case, you can use "sshutil delknownhost" to clear the old key from the switch.

Occasional Contributor

A quick one to add here.

I've just upgraded BNA from 12.4.1 to 12.4.2 and lost access to the internal FTP server as a consequence. I only noticed this because loading FOS into BNA's Repository failed with an FTP-related message.

Eventually, I solved it by resetting the password to the default - passw0rd - and saving the update. The Test button then confirmed FTP was working normally and was accessible.

I then set the password back to my chosen one and saved it; once again the Test button worked and I was then able to load FOS 7.2.1d into the BNA Repository.

So, whilst YMMV I do wonder if the password for the built-in user 'admin' was somehow corrupted by the upgrade ?

By the way, does anyone know if/how you can use anonymous FTP with the built-in FTP server ?

Cheers,

Nick.

Brocadian

major_goat wrote:

By the way, does anyone know if/how you can use anonymous FTP with the built-in FTP server ?

Can't be done, sorry.

Frequent Visitor

FWIW, I got this also in 12.4.2 on Linux using the local FTP server.  WireShark showed FTP traffic, firewall guys verified nothing was being dropped, but no luck.  WireShark showed a reset after the STOR command.  I tried switching to the local SCP/SFTP server, with the method of scp, but that failed with the same error - even though I could see traffic over port 22.

I switched the method to sftp, and it worked.

WTH??

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.