Management Software

New Contributor

Any bugs in 6.4.1b?

Hi !

I´ve a question. Are there any bugs in the FABOS 6.4.1b. I´ve discovered some issues when I upgraded to this FABOS. My environment owns EMC, HDS (USPV), NetApp, DataDomain and ADIC Scalar.

The pro´s told me that in SAN can be a slow draining device, but there isn´t

Any suggestions?

regards, Nick

External Moderator

Re: Any bugs in 6.4.1b?

In a recently TSB, Brocade reccomend Customer Running FOS 6.1 to Upgrade to 6.3.2d or any 6.4.x FOS release due diverse Defect and Bug's related to DCX Plattforms.

Other "Critical" Defect are unknown to me.

In any such large mixed environments --->>> EMC, HDS (USPV), NetApp, DataDomain and ADIC Scalar, is very difficult to identify if any this OEM's are Compatible/Certified or No with any certain FOS Release.

That sound Like a Lottery Game!

TechHelp24
Super Contributor

I have HDS (USP/USP-V/ AMS and VSP) as well some Datadomains and many LTO5 drives is our SAN infrastructures with DCX 48K and 4100 without any major  issues. All switches are running on FOS 6.4.1b since five months.

Can you give some more details regarding your issues? Do you have Discards on ISLs?

Andreas

New Contributor

All,

Are there problems with this FOS on your Evironment? Do you have some details or info with regards to FOS 6.4.1b issues/ bugs since we plan to upgrade our DCX / 48k ane 24k evironment from 6.3.1b

Thanks for any Info

Super Contributor

We have no open issue with 6.4.1b currently.

Please have a look into the releasenotes of 6.4.1b as well into 6.4.2 to see what in the newer release has been fixed.

Please have an eye on your two gibt devices and switches. A mix of 8gbit and 2gbit in the same zone can cause some issues.

Andreas

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.