Management Software

New Contributor

An unexpected problem occurred for the fabric

Hi,

Can anyone assist or give me some ideas of how to trouble shoot this?

Network Advisor (12.3.1) has started to report the following in the master log every 12 mins...

"An unexpected problem occurred for the fabric "WWN of switch" Trigger the product support save and contact tec

Checked the switches that it refers to and all is OK

In fact I am getting two of these messages at the same time, one for a switch on each fabric?

SAN POrt Health page shows everything is OK?

Anyone any ideas?

Running FOS 7.4.1d on all switches

Thanks in advance,

Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

Re: An unexpected problem occurred for the fabric

[Moved the entry to Management Server]

Hi,

can you provide some further details about what BNA is reporting? 

And also output from the RASlog - CLI command errdump or "errshow -r" covering the 15 minutes when BNA is reporting an issue for a switch, please

So, BNA is detecting an issue on a switch level in a fabric, I would say.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.