Lateral Thinking

Tejas.Bhandare

V The Routers

by Tejas.Bhandare ‎11-11-2013 02:43 AM - edited ‎11-12-2013 07:38 PM (3,221 Views)

I am going to show you something very powerful today. Please pay close attention and follow all the instructions so you get the best out of this exercise.

I want you to close your eyes for the next 30 seconds and imagine what you would do with $100,000 right now. Open your eyes when you are done. Your time starts now.

US100000dollarsbillobverse.jpg

. . . Beep! Proceed only if you have completed your thought.

Ok. Now what if I tell you that you have just won $100,000 or more in savings?

Wow. Seems like someone’s getting lucky! 

Be it an Organization or Individual, savings can definitely take you and your organization to the next level.

“Yes, but how do we win these savings???” 

Yes, I am going to tell you just that, but before I do that, let me share you a joke I made up the other day-

"A Boss asks his Network planning team to suggest ways for cutting costs in their new network infrastructure deployment, and one smart employee suggests they remove all switches and routers because they are expensive!!"

:smileyvery-happy::smileytongue:

Ok, now if you are laughing, please stop laughing!

I think, I would be the only guy asking his audience to stop laughing after telling a joke. Its difficult for me to say, but the above joke is no longer considered a joke and I lose one of my original creations! :smileysad: But, on the flip-side, the joke actually answered your question and has revealed you the key to realize multiples of thousands of $$$ worth of savings!!

The guy who cracked up at my joke the other day was responsible for Network Planning. He later called me and I not only told him how the new Brocade Vyatta 5600 vRouter had ruined my joke, but I also told him how it makes him and his organization lucky!

The Brocade Vyatta 5600 vRouter is the latest addition to Brocade's Network Function Virtualization (NFV) product portfolio and brings with it an impressive performance boost thus changing the dynamics of networking. The latest network-centric x86 servers deliver outstanding packet processing capabilities and are increasingly populated with 10 GbE Network Interface Cards (NICs) to accommodate data traffic growth. The Brocade Vyatta 5600 enables to harness this extremely cost-efficient networking power by leveraging software instead of deploying traditional purpose-built hardware. This has opened the doors to a potential CapEx savings of 90 percent or more when replacing purpose-built hardware with a high-performance x86 server and the Brocade Vyatta vRouter. The Brocade Vyatta 5600 pumps out as much as 10 Gbit/s in packet traffic per x86 core under the hood with absolutely no compromise on performance. As the first virtual router for telco-class networks, the Brocade Vyatta 5600 is up to 40 times faster than competitive virtual routing products.1

Oh, and did someone say ASICs?

The powerful Brocade software beats competitive ASICs head on! 2

Features

• Directly answers the NFV call to action of the world's largest telecommunication and service providers
• Leverages Brocade vPlane™ technology capable of 10 Gbps throughput per x86 core
• Addresses use cases such as BGP routing, ACL offload and Virtual BGP Route Reflection, among others
• Complements the Brocade Vyatta 5400 vRouter product family, which is designed for Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and is currently deployed by industry leaders such as Amazon, Rackspace and SoftLayer

The Brocade Vyatta 5600 vRouter is the first virtual router capable of providing advanced routing in software without sacrificing the reliability and performance of hardware networking solutions. It offers advanced routing, stateful firewall, and VPN capabilities in a high-performance software form factor.

So, now you know how to multiply your savings and do much more than what you thought in those 30 seconds you closed your eyes.

VIRTUALIZE. ACTUALIZE. REALIZE.

Get your ticket to reliability, high-performance and savings with Brocade NFV Portfolio

1 Based on 250 Mbps performance claim listed on Cisco Cloud Services Router (CSR) 1000V data sheet as of September 2013

2 Brocade Software Beats Cisco ASICs http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1319524

Photo Ref: currencies.wikia.com/wiki/United_States_100,000_dollar_banknote

Announcements

Caption This! Contest

Congratulations Jason Antes! You are week#1 winner. You will be receiving your prize soon. The winning entry is here

Thank you to everyone who participated in our caption contest this week!

Join us Monday 10/27 for another chance to play!

Latest Comments